I caved this summer and got a YMCA membership. There's an outdoor pool and a lot of our friends go swim there. Plus, the boys needed swim lessons. It was the best decision! The boys had swim lessons (at the YMCA indoor pool) Monday-Thursday for 2 weeks. During Tommy's half hour lesson, Damon and Hannah and I stayed close and watched and tried to entertain Hannah. Then Tommy, Hannah, and I sat out in the seats looking in the window at Damon. It was good for the boys to have swim lessons. Damon really improved. He was the only one in his class that could do a dive. They even got to get up on the swim platforms for races (I have no idea what those things are called!) and he is the only one who could dive off them and keep swimming! He loved swim lessons and now loves swimming in the deep end with friends. Tommy was in a very beginner class and did ok. He enjoys practicing when we go to the outdoor pool. One class his teacher was being silly and said she was old, but didn't forget to have them do something. Tommy piped up and said, "An elephant never forgets!" She said, "Well I'm not an elephant, just old." I had to laugh...that kid!
Miss Hannah loved trying on and buckling the life vests and floaties hanging near us during lessons.
Tommy's swimming!
The last day Damon's class played games with the teacher. He loved it. The very end, they had to put their arms up and tread water...I totally thought they were all drowning!
No comments:
Post a Comment