We had a lot of snow days and school delays in February. Hannah enjoyed having her brothers home so she could boss them around.
Tommy's picture was in the newspaper! They were doing an article on the Spanish Immersion program at his school, and he was one of the kids they took a picture of. Famous little dude:) I don't know how to rotate the picture though.
We went to Toys R Us and this little girl was in heaven. I think she has 4 little girly things she's carting around when I took this picture.
Tommy wanted to learn how to tie a real tie. Barrett showed him once, maybe twice and he had it down! He tied this one himself.
Hannah loves Annie. She loves singing the songs and watching the movie and dancing to the music. We have tons of videos of her singing the songs. She picked up her pink phone and climbed on the ottoman to belt out Tomorrow!!
We were at a friend's house and discovered the little girls had decorated themselves with blue marker.
How cute is she?!
Our California Grandparents always send us a Valentine treat package. We love it! I look forward to the See's candy!
Tommy's valentines this year. Ninjago with ninja lollipops. They turned out super cute.
Damon's valentines this year. A mustache on a lollipop, so when you eat the lollipop it looks like you've got a mustache...pretty funny.
My friend was in charge of planning the Valentine Party for Tommy's class and asked if I'd help. We had to plan on 50 kids...Spanish immersion class and the English class! I was in charge of drawing the girl for Pin the Lips on Mrs. Valentine. We wanted to copy a Disney Princess, but I decided to Google: How to draw a woman's face...it was tons more helpful. I just wish I would have googled: how to draw a Disney princess, instead. The kids loved the game and the other 5 activities.
I was also in charge of the food for the Valentine Party. There were so many allergies in the 2 classes that we were pretty limited on what we could serve. The party was also in the morning right before lunch. I had to make 100 chocolate chip cookies with m&ms on them. I didn't think it would be a big deal until I got started and remembered I only have 1 rack in my oven, which means one tray of cookies at a time, which meant I was baking forever!! I tried to really protect them from little hands, but Hannah couldn't help herself in dragging her stool over to get a better look.
I put grapes in a cup, 2 cookies in a napkin, and put it on top. It was actually pretty easy to pass out because it was all contained in one thing. We also had special cookies for the allergy kids.
The little sisters loved getting their own treats then had a mini play date afterward.
We had a great Valentine's Day celebration at home. Pink heart pancakes for breakfast and heart shaped pizzas, raspberry lemonade, and strawberries for lunch. We played a few minute to win it games, made Valentines for each other, decorated bags for our goodies, and delivered our Valentines.
Valentine night, Barrett and I went to a black tie affair. One of the towns he represents has an annual fundraiser for their opera house. The firm paid for our tickets to attend. We were apprehensive about going because we're not very fancy or social or drinkers, but it was a fun night. We ate good food and even did a little dancing (ie: one slow dance). It snowed a few inches while we were there which made our drive home longer than normal. Who knows, we might even go again next year:)
2 comments:
All of these pictures and activities are so cute I don't even know what to comment on. But Hannah is so cute singing Annie on the stairs
hannah cracks me up.
Post a Comment