Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break



Actually, Barrett doesn't really have a Spring Break, but we sure acted like he did. Last weekend, my brother Mark and his family came for a visit. They showed up just as the second session of General Conference was ending on Saturday. We had so much fun with them!! Sunday we hung out and watched conference, went on walks, ate, and played. Monday, we headed down to DC to go to the National Zoo (which is free!). Barrett ditched school and came with us. Kim took the day off and met up with us too. Damon has been so excited to go to the "big zoo". He looked at the animals for a few seconds, then mostly ran around...he was in heaven! We drove through the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms on our way to Kim's neighborhood to go out to eat. Then, we went to Kim's house and relaxed before heading home. The next day Mark, Evelyn, and I took the kids to Old New Castle for a picnic and egg hunt. It was so cold by the water, so we walked through the old streets and ended up having the egg hunt in the middle of the grassy area. The kids loved it! We stopped for Rita's on the way home and sure enjoyed every second of it! Mark's family left Wenesday morning and we missed them for the next few days...we weren't quite ready for them to leave.

Barrett had class cancelled on Friday, so he did some work, then played with us. We took Damon to the park, then to McDonald's for dinner. We dyed eggs later that night for the first time since we've been married. Damon loved it! I would give him one cup of dye at a time and make him count to 10 before pulling the egg out. Most of them got smashed somewhere in the process, but it was a fun activity for him.

Kim came over on Saturday for Easter. My brother Matt and his family had been looking for housing a few hours away and thought they'd stop by for the night. We haven't seen their family for almost 2 years...so we were so excited to have them for Easter!! Nathan drove down Easter Sunday and met us at church. The kids had so much fun together. We had 2 egg hunts for them while Barrett was getting dinner ready. I had only put 2 jelly beans in each egg, but that didn't matter. Both Damon and Gavin chowed down those jelly beans!! It was hilarious! They went outside for the second hunt and had just as much fun. Kim and Nathan stayed and talked with us for a long time that evening. We had a great Easter!

In the last week, I've seen one sister and two brothers, 2 sisters in law, 2 nieces, 2 nephews, 2 babies growing in tummies, and one Nathan friend. It is so fun to have family visit. I thought I was worn out of visitors, but I think I'm over that now. I wasn't ready for anyone to leave and just wanted them to stay longer. Thanks Mark, Evelyn, Matt, Julie, Kim, and Nathan for making the effort to come visit. We loved seeing you and wish we could see you more often.

ps. Barrett only has 3 weeks left of classes!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Hey Amy! I thought I'd pop in and say hi....I saw the link to your blog through Caitlin's....

The pics of your "Spring Break" are great!!