Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Child Development

I have seen some fun developments in my children this week. Tommy has been loving the pull toys that Grandma Ro has given for gifts over the years. Tommy loves holding onto one or two and pulling them around. It is the cutest thing! He is also trying to communicate more. Many times he's jabbering away at me using hand actions and everything and I feel awful that I can't understand him! Yesterday he cracked me and Damon up. We were in the kitchen and he kept pointing to the things on top of the fridge. One by one I pulled down each box of cereal and asked him if that was what he wanted. He'd shake his head, say "uh-ugh", or "no". The last item was a box of ice cream cones. When I pulled it down he got really excited and said, "yeah!". Damon and I thought it was hilarious!! I can now let Tommy sit in those little car shopping carts too.
Damon has been soooo into "writing letters". He'll ask me to teach him how to write some letters. He's actually pretty good for a not quite 3 1/2 year old! He can write D,O,F,T,M,3,N,X,A,H,I. Yesterday he wrote his name without any guidance from me! It was pretty awesome! He has also been so into helping me wash dishes. I'm trying not to get too excited about this one because I used to think it was a good idea to have Damon unload the silverware out of the dishwasher and it is now the biggest power struggle (I won't give up...it's still his job!!!!!!). I fill the sink up with soapy water and let him scrub, play with bubbles, and "wash" the dishes. He just spent almost 30 minutes washing/playing. Awesome!




So Saturday we went to the temple. The boys love to drive the van while we're parked in the parking lot. Tommy got a turn this time and loved it!
Barrett took the boys to the zoo while I was in the temple. He said they ran between exhibits. Damon loved making funny faces.
Meagan fed us worms and dirt in honor of Earth Day. It was sooo good!
The little boys acting like big boys eating yogurt at the little table:)
Damon's first successful attempt at writing his name by himself!!

2 comments:

Tanner Edwards said...

Amy, they are growing up so fast. I'm gonna be in Washington DC Saturday the 14 and Sunday the 15. You guys should try and come out to see me.

QAE said...

smart kids... i wonder where they got their love for driving parked cars?