Thursday, April 22, 2010

Conversations with a 3 year old

I've experienced some pretty fun conversations with Damon lately. Most of the time he asks me the most random questions at the most random time...totally out of the blue. Here's some from the past week or so.

1. Damon: Mom, do you think I can climb up there? (driving in the car looking out the window at the power lines) Me: Those are power lines. It is dangerous to touch them.

2. (While eating dinner) Damon: Mom, when do I get a beard? Me: Um, maybe when you're like 15 or 16. Damon: Maybe when I'm 13. When do I get hair on my shoulders? Me: When you're a daddy:)

3. Damon: Mom, can we go to the car store and buy my black truck after lunch? Me: Well, you have to have a driver's license first. Damon: What's a driver's license?
Me: You have to be 16 or 17 then learn the rules and take a driver's test. Damon: I know the rules. I know how to drive. Me: You do? Damon: yeah, I can get my driver's license then drive to school. I'll drive the van. Me: well, what will I drive? Damon: dad's car. Me: what will dad drive? Damon: well, there's two spots in the car. Dad can sit next to you.

4. (After dinner one night Damon was running all over the place then came to ask me a question as if he had been trying) Damon: Mom, how do I fly? (he may have said: I'm having a hard time flying) Me: Little boys don't fly, you have to have wings. Damon put his arms out and said: Yeah, I have wings. Me: Uh, you have to have feathers to help you fly. I can't remember what happened after that.

5. Me to Damon: The library says we're missing 3 books! Where could they possibly be?! Damon: Libraries don't talk. That's funny.

6. Damon woke up and instantly said: Dad, can we go to the skateboard store and buy my skateboard, helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and skate shoes? (He's asked me this many times since talking with Quinn on Skype yesterday afternoon.)

7. Damon's diaper leaked one night so I was changing his pajamas. I told Barrett to go get his blue shorts. Damon half asleep said: No, those won't match.

I know there's more, but I've been procrastinating writing them down so I've forgotten them by now.

2 comments:

sWeeTcHeekS said...

Funny!

Ainsley said...

haha i love that boy. libraries don't talk... that's the best.