Thursday afternoon was pretty warm, so I took the boys outside for a bit. It was fun to stay up late that night catching up on tv shows I had missed during the week.
Friday was supposed to be a really nice day, so we met up with some friends at the park to play and eat lunch. I think we were there 2 1/2 hours or so. It was nice. Barrett had a city council meeting that afternoon/evening and didn't get home until 7:00ish. I ended up hemming my new temple dress.
Saturday we went down to the temple. Nathan volunteered to watch our boys so Barrett and I could go into the temple together. We picked him up at the Metro station and took off. Nathan had some good stories for us about the boys...Tommy telling the sister missionaries that he was Superman and the boys having a 5 minute conversation about booty's and how we don't touch them. Oh boy. Barrett ran Damon into the Visitor's Center to use the bathroom before we headed off on another adventure, but as he was coming out of the Visitor's Center, a huge gust of wind (it was super windy all day!) caught the door and pulled it off it's hinges! Barrett broke the door:) Oops. Nathan drove us down to his new place. It was fun to see his nice new condo and cute little town. We had lunch at CPK then went to a monument by the Pentagon (I think it was the Air Force monument...I wasn't really paying much attention I guess). It was so windy...which didn't make for good photos.
Sunday was normal, for a Sunday. Church, entertaining boys, staying up late:)
Monday we made pancakes and buttermilk caramel syrup. Barrett had to go to work. We had checked out a book at the library about President's Day and I told Damon we'd make 3 corner hats. He was so excited. We picked up a few things at Sam's Club and Walmart in the morning. After lunch we made 3 corner hats and looked at the presidents on money and tried to make log cabins out of pretzel sticks. Tommy put on his hat and said "cheese!" I guess he's used to the routine now...make something cool and take a picture:)
Tuesday morning we woke up to snow! School was cancelled, which meant I didn't have seminary! So, longer weekend! The boys bundled up after breakfast and headed outside. They helped Barrett clean off the cars and shovel the driveway...and did a little playing.
2 comments:
Yay for funny stories! Those cookies sound good! I was just telling Jeff the other day how cookies made in those deep dish pizza pans with ice cream on top is sooo good. This sounds more fun though! Also, way to go Barrett for breaking the door. It looks like while Tommy isn't superman, Barrett is!
HA!!!!! Damon must have a military future... hiding and sneaking all over the place.
Post a Comment