Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipe Review

I have been finding new recipe blogs and found some pretty delicious things lately. I thought I'd share.

1. Cinnamon Swirl Bread from The Idea Room found here. I decided to try this one day and ended up making it again the following week. Barrett said it tasted like Kneader's cinnamon bread...I didn't think so, but it WAS so delicious!! The whole family gobbled it up! I even gave one loaf away:) I was able to make 2 loaves...just be sure to make sure the edges are tucked under or the cinnamon bubbles out onto your oven racks:)

2. Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas from Becoming Betty found here. I found this blog through my cousin's blog and discovered that my sister-in-law's sister-in-law is one of the girls that adds recipes. Kinda fun. These enchiladas were soooooo tasty!! Barrett was super impressed and we both loved them. We made them the following week too:)

3. S'mores Cupcakes from Oopsey Daisy found here. We love toasted marshmallows at our house which means we love s'mores. I always get really excited to try s'mores recipes, but they always make me want to eat a real s'mores:) Check out this blog and the actual source for the recipe. We changed ours up a bit. We whipped up the cream filling, but Barrett decided he'd rather have a scoop of marshmallow cream inside. And instead of using a meringue on top, we used little marshmallows then broiled them. These cupcakes tasted pretty good, but took a really long time. Tommy fell asleep watching a show before we could finish these up.

4. Creamy Chicken Taquitos from Our Best Bites found here. I can't remember how I found this site, but I don't care...I'm just glad I did! This recipe is soooo good!! You bake these little guys and they are delicious! Barrett couldn't believe how tasty it was! I made the creamy-lime cilantro dressing they suggested. This was a super good meal and we loved it!!

5. Coconut and Cashew Granola from Mel's Kitchen Cafe found here. We love granola and I've been trying to find a recipe so I can make it. Most recipes have flax seed and other nutritious stuff that I know nothing about, so I'm afraid to try them. My sister in law brought some homemade granola with her when she came for Thanksgiving. I'm not positive, but I think this might be the same recipe she used. We loved it! The best part was I had most everything already and didn't need to buy scary stuff...just pure maple syrup:) It is really easy and really tasty! Oh, I left the raisins out...I was going to use craisins, but wasn't sure Barrett would want them in his granola if he used it for yogurt. Still good!

So, try 'em out, you won't be sorry:)

3 comments:

Ainsley said...

i love food post. i want to try them all-- those Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas look soooo GOOD. i've been really into cooking lately. (also, love your pink sweater in the post below-- eyes closed? who cares, you still look cute.)

Barry said...

I love your blogs. I appreciate the time and effort that it takes. I check for a new blog about 4-5 times daily. I laugh and I cry. You've got a great family.....you're both great parents.......and I have the cutest lovable GRAND boys. I love the things they say and do. How entertaining. (Tommy on the toilet is my favorite.)
Love, Grandma Edwards

MacDonald Family said...

Hi Amy! I found your blog on Meagan's page. Thanks for sharing the recipes, I will definitely have to try the cinnamon roll bread. You know how much we loved it!

Amanda