Friday, April 29, 2011

Fun with Grandma and Easter

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Ro here for a week. The boys were so excited for her to come. She got here after they were asleep so the next morning, they could hardly contain themselves and didn't believe us that she really was here. Once she was awake, they wouldn't leave her alone. It was really cute.
They loved sitting down listening to her tell stories or give presents.

Grandma even helped us dye Easter Eggs! The lighting was horrible in the picture and Tommy looks silly in his "paint" shirt, but we sure had fun!

Barrett and I went to New York while Grandma stayed with the boys. They had tons of fun and didn't miss us at all! Grandma's lost suitcase was finally delivered while we were gone and the boys were excited to see the stickers and books and movies Grandma brought them.

Easter morning was busy. We had made the Easter bunny buns (from the Friend magazine) earlier in the week and had them in the freezer. We ate them for breakfast and hurried to be out the door for choir practice.

Barrett usually has early meetings, so is never around to help get boys ready for church. Easter morning was different, meetings were cancelled so he could help. Tommy hates church clothes and I usually end up pinning him down to get him dressed while he's crying and trying to pull off his church clothes. Well, somehow Barrett convinced him to wear a suit and tie for Easter!! It was pretty much an Easter miracle! He sure looked cute. I really wished I had bought them all matching ties like I'd planned, but never did.

So church was a blur. I accompanied the choir. As of the week before, we only had 5 members in the choir...that morning more people joined in. The boys were tired of sitting in the chapel since they were there early for choir practice. Tommy cried going in to nursery and wouldn't give his teachers their cards and treats. Rolayne and I made it to Sunday School then headed over to Primary where I was doing Primary Music. It was wild. Tommy's teachers gave him a little bunny jar filled with candy. He was soooo excited after that and super pleasant! He was the happiest kid ever the rest of the afternoon. It was really cute.
We got home and gobbled up some lunch, then had an egg hunt outside.





I know the boys look kinda dorky...Damon wears those shorts every day and won't let me tell him what to wear with it. Tommy had his Sunday socks on still when we threw shoes on him for the egg hunt. Aren't their faces adorable though?!
We had funeral potatoes, ham, and tangy beans for dinner. We skipped out on dessert since we had so many treats already. We sure missed Nathan and Kim, but loved having Grandma for Easter!

We had a few days left with Grandma after Easter and had fun. The boys loved snuggling up to her. Damon loved drawing and coloring with her and occupied most of her waking hours. We went to Rita's twice and took her to Byler's to east Amish treats and see horses with buggies. We loved visiting with her and hearing stories and being with her. The boys were really sad to see her leave. Actually, we all were.


Grandma brought the boys these adorable little felt carrots filled with jelly beans. They loved them!

And here's a cute picture of my boys:)

6 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Hey, we made Bunny Buns too!

Kim said...

This post was bittersweet for me. I wish I were there for Easter but it makes me so excited for my visit in May! Also, I LOVE the picture of the boys in their suits--their expressions are priceless

QAE said...

Man! Church socks with shorts, Tommy?!? If you only knew how much i have been made fun of for sporting that combo over the years. Tommy's face in the picture of them dressed up is classic, too.....

Jenny said...

Aw, they are sooo cute! I love them! And, Kim, you're visiting Amy in May?! Don't worry. I'm not upset, its just that you've never visited us before, and I was really hoping you would, but, you know, it's totally fine.

julita said...

Amy--I recognize those shorts! I'm glad they are still getting milage! I love the smiles on your kids faces. Tommy has the biggest grin on the planet--soo cute!

Amberlyn said...

Your boys are seriously, super cute. How lucky that they got to spend Easter with their Grandma. Grandma's make everything more fun.