Friday, April 8, 2011

Our Boys

I have the cutest boys. I have been loving them lots lately!

One night Barrett was giving the boys piggy back rides. Then Damon tried to give Tommy one. Then we hear, "Hey Tommy. Wanna give me a piggyback ride?" Tommy replied, "Oh-tay, Damon." Hilarious! Barrett had to help them out, but they sure had a great time!




We were really excited for General Conference this last weekend. We've had visitors the last couple times for General Conference, but this time it was just us the whole weekend. I had made apostle cards for memory and matching games and we printed off tons of fun coloring pages for the boys. Damon received a few coloring pages in Primary the week before and had them completed by the next day...he was so excited! He also thought President Monson was going to be coming to Primary the next week...we cleared that one up. Both Damon and Tommy recognized President Monson, President Eyring, President Uchtdorf, and a few other apostles. It just makes a mom's heart happy to hear little boys talk about the prophet and apostles:)
A funny story: We were watching the Saturday afternoon session and listening to the choir (not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir). Barrett commented on how great they sounded. Damon said something like: Yeah, they even sound better than my Primary!!! I cried it was so funny:)


Snack time is always interesting. Damon can't stand getting his hands wet, sticky, or dirty. He barely holds an apple slice to eat it. He usually ends up eating his grapes "like a goat." So, snack time = interesting. This day the boys were eating pretzels. They lined them up then started eating them without their hands. Funny boys.



What we've been loving about Tommy:
-He's such a snuggle bug! He's always hugging us, snuggling up to us, wrapping his little arms tightly around our necks, telling us he loves us, and holding hands with Daddy when he eats and can't sit on his lap.
-We love his huge teethy grin! It is the cutest ever!
-He says the cutest things all day long. The other day at the park he said, "Stop wind!!" and brushed the side of his head...it was too windy for him. He says, "Hey mom, wanna pey yeh-gos wit me?" He was jumping up the other day and said, "I tant weech it!!" I asked him what he was doing and turns out he was trying to reach the ceiling!
-He loves singing along with us. Our favorites are Winnie the Pooh, I Hope they Call Me on a Mission, I Love to See the Temple, Book of Mormon Stories, Happy Birthday, The Cougar Fight Song, Robin Hood (from the Disney Robin Hood...his favorite movie), and Seize the Day (from Newsies).
-He loves having books read to him. His favorites are the Pigeon series (Mo Williems), the Llama series (Anna Dewdey), the Click Clack series (Doren Cronin), The Franklin series (not sure of the author), Where's the Green Sheep? (Mem Fox..I think I read this one 100 times in one week, really), and The Cat in the Hat (Dr. Seuss).
-Sometimes he does this little head cock one eye squinty thing when he talks or asks a question...so cute.

He just makes us smile and Barrett and I are always telling each other how cute Tommy is. He's super fun right now...even with the terrible two's stage and horrible temper he has.

What we've been loving about Damon:
-He's started to FINALLY play nicely with Tommy. I usually wait too long to check on them and end up with a disaster, but I love to hear the 2 boys talking and playing together.
-He has mad drawing and writing skills for a 4 year old. Yes, he's mine and I'm biased, but seriously, his drawings are the best!! He has better handwriting than Barrett too!! Some days he just sits at the table and draws, colors, and creates things all by himself!
-He loves music. I was trying to teach him a new Spring song from the Primary Song book one day. I would sing a line with the piano, then have him repeat it, but he wouldn't let me play the piano...he wanted to sing it by himself. He did awesome!
-He loves superheros...finding library books about them, drawing them, putting on his cape and snow boots pretending to be one, and talking about them. He doesn't understand that superheros are supposed to be good buys, not tough, mean guys.
-His smile. He has the sweetest face when he smiles...I have to remind him how cute he is when he has a smiley face instead of a tough/mean face that he often has!
-We love his ability to forgive instantly. He gets in trouble a lot, but is always scheming what to play with you when he's out of trouble. He got sent to his room for hurting Tommy, then hit something at the wall which caused a hole, and after getting in huge trouble for it...he instantly wanted to play with Dad. So forgiving.
-He loves to have books read to him. We go to the library at least once a week...sometimes more depending on what they are doing at Story Time. On Thursdays we pick out books. We come home and Damon pulls out all the books and wants to start reading them. He'll look through all the pictures, then we'll read them.
-He is an athlete. I have no athletic skills, so maybe I don't know anything, but Damon is really good at playing soccer...well, kicking the ball. He's always been good at throwing a football and tries to talk Barrett into playing Baseball outside with him whenever he can.

We just love these boys...even if sometimes we feel like we're losing our eternal salvation because of them (no patience, etc.)

3 comments:

Rolaynee said...

I love every picture and every thing you write about them. We're all lucky that Heavenly Father sent us His best!
Love, Grandma

Rolaynee said...

Grandpa and Grandma love their boys.

Jenny said...

Aw, so cute! I can't wait to see them.