Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chick-Fil-A and Camping

I found out Wednesday night or Thursday morning that Chick-Fil-A was having customer appreciation week...which meant free food all week. On Friday, if you dressed up like a cow, you got a free meal...sandwich, drink, fries. Awesome! Well, Barrett had a funeral to go to, so I would have to go with the boys by myself. I was hesitant, but when I told Damon, he was really excited. He helped me make costumes by drawing on garbage bags...but the permanent marker was too stinky, so we just cut out spots and taped them on. We found a sign on the internet, so taped that on too. The boys and I walked into the restaurant and got 3 free meals. There weren't very many people dressed up...they had these hats you could put on, so almost everyone had those on. After we started eating, a lot more families came in decked out in cow gear...it was really fun!! The boys had a great time playing on the indoor playground, but we had to make an emergency exit because Tommy came down the slide with soggy britches...of course it was pouring outside by then too. When we got home, we got so drenched getting in the house that we had to towel-dry our hair, dry out our clothes, and get in our jammies. We had a great time!



Tommy's saying MOO!


On Sunday afternoon, I was reading with Damon when we noticed Tommy stuffing animals under a little chair. We asked him what he was doing and he said they were playing in their tent...the chair was tipped on its side so it had a triangle opening kind of like a tent. Well, that got Damon's attention, so they pulled out their tent and we set it up. Then Damon built a campfire. I love the red he sprinkled on the pieces of wood for fire. Of course they had to roast some marshmallows. They even got Barrett to open the new flashlights for them to play with. It was really cute to watch them play.

3 comments:

QAE said...

probably the best post ever.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness...too cute! I love those little cow outfits! Where was the picture of you wearing one? The campfire is awesome. What cute boys you have!

Kim said...

I admit, I'd rather pay for the food than dress up like a cow but they are so dang cute! I love how creative they're getting--especially love Tommy getting ready to eat his "roasted mallow"