Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Weekend

A few days before the weekend, the boys convinced me to let them play in the water. Hannah and I sat on a blanket in the shade while the boys had at it. 



 By Friday it had cooled down a bit, but we had seen that 7-Eleven was having 49 cent slurpees. So, we picked Dad up from work, then picked up Damon from school, then bought our slurpees. I'm not sure the boys have ever had one and they loved them!!
 We then decided to head over to Lowe's to get Dad a new grill for his birthday and father's day gift. Hannah  was adorable in the cart.
 Everyone thought we needed to put it to use right away...so we cooked up hot dogs and turkey burgers.
 Saturday we went down to the temple then met up with Nathan. We tried going to the Arlington Cemetery, but it was super crowded. We went to see the MLK monument and FDR monument. We had never seen either, so it was pretty neat. (Nobody would get in this picture, so Barrett and I were it).





 Nathan surprised us and took us to Hana Tokyo...a place where they cook at your table. It was an awesome surprise!! The boys loved the fire, the egg tricks, and the onion volcano. Tommy loved the soup and Damon tried chopsticks. Barrett and I loved all the good food...what a treat!



 Hannah is so adorable in her church outfits, I just had to snap a picture!
 Then the boys wanted to use the camera.
On Monday, the boys put out our little flags, we did some shopping for Barrett's birthday, mowed the lawn, and had a BBQ with friends. Oh, Barrett gave a talk Sunday too. We had a pretty good weekend.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

I love Hannah's cute dress!!

Kim said...

You're so pretty Amy! The pictures of the boys make me laugh.