Monday, April 12, 2010

Firsts

We've experienced some "firsts" lately. Tommy ate his first popsicle by himself...he didn't like the cold on his hand. Damon went to his first Primary Activity at church on Saturday. Tommy and I stayed with him. He got to paint a birdhouse and loved it. It was funny to look down the table and see the difference between boys and girls. Not only is it a difference of pink vs. blue, but the patience. The boys slapped on the paint, in many colors, quickly. The girls used one color to carefully paint one side at a time. So funny! They had a game where you tied a balloon to your ankle then ran around while everyone tried to pop each other's balloons. The 3 and 4 year olds didn't want to pop each other's balloons. The adults finally told them to just play with their balloons. It was hilarious! They were all sooooo happy and it was the cutest thing to watch. (As they were attaching all these balloons to these little guys, the experienced Primary leader (wink wink) in me was thinking, "age appropriate activities...this isn't going to work". I'm glad they figured it out too).

Damon gave his first talk in Primary on Sunday. We practiced every day. It went about expected the actual day...barely muttering a few words, but it was cute. The gospel principle that day was "Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God." (if you want to know more go to www.mormon.org)
Pause the playlist at the right to hear the video.

Another "first" this week happened with Barrett. He was with one of the partners at work (which might be 35 or younger) at Sam's Club. They ran into a friend of a client who thought Sean was with his son (Barrett). Yep, everyone thinks Barrett is 16. At the 6 Stake Priest/Laurel Activity this weekend, he was mistaken at least 8 times for a 16 year old!! We are really starting to get a complex about this one. I told him if he didn't lose all that weight last year, he'd look a little older...he blames it on his height---if he was a few inches taller, then people would think he was older:)

8 comments:

Mitzi said...

LOL! Maybe Barrett should try to grow some facial hair. I can sympathize with him... I look like I was knocked up at 14 or something.

As far as the popsicle experiment...we have some of those mesh feeders (which I loathe for the most part), but they're GREAT for popsicles! I just cut them off the stick and throw them in the mesh baggie. No holding a cold popsicle! Since it's just liquid by the time he's done, they clean up really nicely. :)

Kim said...

I can't believe Damon gave a talk! I love his inflections when she says we have the Book of Mormon!
And I blame Barrett's mistaken age on his weight loss, too. Guess you'll just have to eat more, Barrett...

Tanner Edwards said...

They must have seen him from behind. Cause if they see him from the front they'll realize he's losing his hair. And Mitzi, facial hair is what I do to look older. I guess youth is a curse us Edwards carry.

Becca S. said...

Damon and Tommy are getting too big! That's it, we need to see each other soon!

Paul has the opposite problem them Barrett. On his mission someone asked him if he was 37?! Oh well.

QAE said...

that's awesome. their little haircuts are so thug!

so barrett looks young, and griffin looked like a girl.

Tanner Edwards said...

what does that make you look like quinn?

sWeeTcHeekS said...

Precious!!!!!

Jenny said...

Barrett, I feel you. People think I'm 15 or 16 all the time. In fact, I was subbing once at a junior high. On my way out a student asked if I was dating Grahm (I'm assuming he's another student.) He realized I was a teacher when I said no.