Friday, April 9, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I give my children cereal for dinner.
Sometimes I leave dishes in my sink all day.
Sometimes I don't clean up the toys.
Sometimes I am grumpy all day.
Sometimes I try to sneak candy, lots of candy.
Sometimes I get a little annoyed when my husband gets off a few hours early from work to fulfill a church duty and doesn't do that for me.
Sometimes I yell at my cute, obnoxious boys.
Sometimes I read lots of books to my children.
Sometimes we watch a little too much tv.
Sometimes I clean all 3 of my bathrooms in one night.
Sometimes I waste too much time on the internet.
Sometimes I like to be in control (some may call it "bossy").
Sometimes I get tired of the wind blowing outside.
Sometimes I talk to my mom once during two weeks and sometimes I talk to her 3 times a week.
Sometimes I say I'm going to do something and then don't.
Sometimes I get a little jealous when I read other people's blogs.
Sometimes it bugs when people think Barrett makes six figures because he's "a lawyer" (if they only knew!).
Sometimes I love to watch Hallmark movies.
Sometimes I count down the hours until either Barrett gets home or it's bedtime. Sometimes I wish I was creative/motivated/a decorator.
Sometimes I read my scriptures too late at night.
Sometimes I take the boys to the park.
Sometimes I wish I could do certain days over again.
I ALWAYS love tucking my boys in for bed at night, reading them stories, singing them songs, telling them I love them, and hearing/knowing they love me too (despite what happened during the day).

8 comments:

meagan said...

Amen. Tomsters looks good, grown up too. Can't wait to play in tubs o' water with ya.

QAE said...

i'm jealous of your blog and the great stories. yours is by far my favorite for quite some time.

gardeniagirl said...

Mmm. I think maybe I secretly wrote this post? It sounds just like my life. We do the best we can, but when your kids wake up at 6 am, it kinda sets the tone for the rest of the day. But we still love them.

Jaimee said...

Maybe I should just copy and paste this to my blog...haha, sounds a little familiar to me. Except the part about the wind. But if it was windy here, that would definitely be included.

Caitlin said...

You're not alone! Ditto to so much of that from me, too. But in the big picture we do the best we can, and our boys are going to turn out to be good, God loving, decent people. Thank goodness they forget so much without changing their love for us, right? :)

cute summer cuts! . . . makes me think about doing it to guy, too.

JaVan_Sims said...

Glad to know you're normal like the rest of us and not perfect :-).

Haymonds said...

Oh Am. Yes yes yes and yes. I feel exactly the same way. Thank you for putting it into words. And now I will stop spending too much time on the interwebs and try and get this baby in her bed!! Love you.

jweed said...

great post, amy. i do believe we all suffer from the same type of staying-at-home-with-our-kids-wanting-to-be-the-best-at-everything syndrome. it can be draining. thanks for putting into words. :)