We made a few more snowman crafts and goodies.
I saw on The Idea Room blog these really cute snowman treats. You take an Oreo, put it on a stick, dip it in white candy melts and put mini chocolate chips on it with a candy corn nose. Ours failed completely! They were still tasty. If you notice, Tommy loved putting the mini chips on his!
I am not a very creative person. I never think up my own crafty ideas. One day as I was washing dishes, I looked over at my little outdated holiday tree that I love. I don't have any "January" items to display on it. I totally had a creative moment. I have a stack of old canning lids that can't be used to seal anymore. I thought they would turn into nice looking snowmen. The boys loved making them and they were really easy! This is when Tommy said, "wait a setent, no arms!" I debated about putting arms on the little guys, but figured they'd get pulled off anyway.
I saw on Family Fun where you can use water bottles to make penguins. I thought we'd try snowmen. We put some paint inside and shook them like crazy...I had to help the boys out a lot. They we glued the stuff on. They were sitting on the ledge for a few days next to the boys' mittens. One day it dawned on me...I took the mittens and put them on for hats! The boys loved it!!
Here we are playing outside the really warm day we had last week. We loved the wagon!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone out there who hasn't heard the name Jimmer Fredette. Barrett was talking my ear off about him one night...I couldn't keep my eyes open. He then had the great idea to call Nathan to chat about Jimmer and BYU basketball...I quickly made my escape up to bed:) So, last week BYU had 2 games. I had the boys wear their BYU shirts and we made Y pancakes with cool whip and blueberries for dinner. All the boys loved it!
Saturday was our Branch Temple Day which resulted in the youth going to do baptisms. We woke up super early so I could do a session before Barrett had to be in the baptistry with the youth. It was fun to come out of the temple and walk right into all my seminary students plus a few more familiar faces. We all walked over to the Visitor's Center for a few minutes. Damon and Tommy are a little too comfortable inside here now, so we didn't last long. They always love looking at the Christus statue...Damon wanted his picture with it this time.
Don't the temple grounds look beautiful with snow everywhere? The boys couldn't resist jumping and stomping in it. Notice the nice clear sidewalks? Tommy loved kicking the snow into the sidewalks ruining someone's hard work...we retreated to the car to eat an early lunch:)
One of the other reasons why we went to the temple so early was because of the BYU basketball game! We finally got a game on tv, so Barrett wasn't going to miss it! The boys and I made cookies with the Y cookie cutter JaVan gave us for Christmas. (Thanks JaVan!) They turned out so cute! We had a few scraps left over at the end, so I shaped a B and U. Unfortunately the cougs lost, but Barrett was excited to watch Jimmer play. Funny story: Damon had his outfit picked out for Saturday Temple Day...Batman shirt, square underwear, grey pants, and new blue Batman socks. He was so distraught one night thinking about it. He said,"I want to wear my Batman shirt but I want to say Go Cougars and wear my BYU shirt." I told him he could wear his Batman shirt and wear his BYU hat!! That solved his little troubled heart:)
And here is our January Calendar (for memory purpose only). I thought it would be cute to make a snowflake every day. I didn't realize how difficult it would be for Damon. He could only do the kind using a hole punch. I ended up making most of them...I gave up the last 3 days:)
4 comments:
super fun ideas...i think i'll borrow a few.
this was very entertaining to read! how come you didn't post a picture of his square undies?? those sound cool.
Cute! Tommy is getting so big. It looks like he's catching up to Damon. Also, I want to know how Tommy got roped into pulling Damon around in the wagon!
awesome!!! I'm glad that batman wins in the end!!!!!!
Post a Comment