Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tree Lighting Downtown

Our town had a tree lighting ceremony downtown by city hall this week. Damon's preschool was one of 4 schools to sing at it. It was so fun! The little 4 year olds were so cute singing Away in a Manger and The Delaware Song. They clapped and cheered for themselves after each song...it was the cutest thing! We had to be there pretty early, so decided to bring dinner to Barrett's office for a little picnic before hand. The boys thought it was so cool to eat hot dogs and fruit salad at Dad's office at night. I discovered that one of Barrett's desks is bigger than our kitchen table! It was fun time getting us in the Christmas spirit. We went home for tasty candy cane hot chocolate! AND...Damon's now famous! He was on the cover of the newspaper Saturday...well, his hat and eye brow:)



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Aw,man! It's times like these that I wish we lived by you guys! I would have LOVED to see Damon sing at the Christmas Tree Celebration!

meagan said...

I saw that it was Damon's class in the paper, but I didn't spot him. I will have to look again!

Barry said...

Damon is a star! Whether he's singing, playing in a hot tub, or being a Turkey. And as for Tommy, and the amount of Hotdogs he loves to eat.....I think he's going to turn into a 'hotdog'. Wish I could have been there and seen Damon sing.
Love, Grandma