Then we met up with Nathan. Lucky for us, he volunteered to watch our boys so Barrett and I could go do sealings. It was a beautiful, special time in the temple. Nathan, on the other hand, got his own special moments with the boys when he had to clean up after Tommy had an accident at the park (he's been potty-trained with NO accidents for a few months now). We still feel awful about it, but glad we have such an awesome friend:) Thanks again Nathan!
As we were walking out of the temple, the Christmas lights turned on. We took some pictures and walked around a bit in the magical world of Christmas lights at the temple. Nathan looked up directions to Cafe Rio, so we headed there for dinner. Delicious! We were excited to see that one will be opening up in Annapolis next year:)
After eating and dropping Nathan off at his car, we ventured farther into Virgina. My cousin, Megan, had recently gotten married and had an open house there. It was so exciting to see my aunt and uncle and my beautiful, happy cousin and her new husband. I was lucky enough to see one of my other cousins too. Debbie had us cracking up...she's so fun! I am SOOO glad we went...even if the boys were embarrassing us by laying on the ground eating their food because they were so tired.
Things worked out pretty well and almost perfect. We loved having time in the temple and we loved seeing friends and family. It just made our hearts happy:)
4 comments:
So fun!!! Isn't Christmas time just the best and especially when you can see family too!
That family picture is adorable. Amy, you look beautiful and Tommy's cheesy smile cracks me up. I love that in every picture the adults are hanging on to the boys as if they're going to run away.
I am SO SAD that I missed you at Megan's open house! We were planning on going and I ended up unexpectedly in Fallon for the week and I'm not back in town until Saturday. Would love to see you guys sometime in the next few months, though, so we'll have to plan something after Christmas!
That does sound like a perfect day. I love the lights at dusk, so Pretty.
As I was reading this post it made me realize how close you guys are to my sister, Jessica! She does recently ate at the Cafe Rio too!!
Post a Comment