Sunday, June 29, 2014

Beach House 2014

We were offered the Boss' beach house again this summer. We love using it and getting a little family vacation in, even though sometimes it's stressful making sure our kids don't destroy the house and everything in it. We were able to leave Wednesday evening. I took the boys to the pool that night since they were dying to swim! Thursday morning we went to the beach after Barrett did some work. He continued to get phone calls from both the Senate and House attorneys on an issue. It was frustrating because he hasn't taken a day off all year...but we still had a great day. It was a little overcast, but the sun eventually came out. 
Hannah loved seeing the duckies out in the water behind the house.
 The kids loved the sand, waves, and boogey board.






After watching a little World Cup, we went to the pool. We of course went to Rehoboth for Dolle's taffy and Funland that evening. We love Funland! Hannah loved watching Tommy go around on the swings. That Tommy is hilarious, he sat with his hands behind his head and his feet crossed like he was lounging. He cracks us up! 
 We thought Hannah should try some rides. I was worried she wouldn't let us leave her, so talked Tommy into being a good big brother and helping her have fun. Boy did we underestimate her! She loved the rides!!! She was serious about her steering wheel too:)


 When this airplane ride started going up, she got really excited and "woo-ed". It was adorable. 
 But she hated when the ride was over!
 Tommy was into being "cool" and wanted to sit alone. They love this ride and I loved that I didn't have to go on it this year:)
 The boys were dying to go on the big Pirate ship this year. Barrett can get seasick and was a little apprehensive, but they did it! Barrett had the most fun. Tommy was petrified and ended up curling up next to his dad. Damon held on for dear life. I thought they were all crazy! Later that night I was telling them how brave they were and that I wasn't that brave. Tommy said,"neither were we!" We went to the gas station on the way home to pick out treats. Tommy was dead set on a fountain drink...so funny! It was a jam-packed day of fun!

 The next morning, we did some shopping at the outlets. After lunch, the boys went to the pool while I stayed home with Hannah so she could nap.

Little missy chillin' watching tv.
 We went to Bethany Blues for dinner! Wahoo!! Our comedian, Tommy, wanted his napkin tied around his neck "like Shaggy and Scooby". He loved sitting right next to the ledge with the bottle of ketchup. Pretty sure they had to refill it after we left:) 

 Saturday morning, we went to the boardwalk to play mini golf. We were given free game tickets and the kids were excited to go for the first time. It was great...no one was there, it was quick and easy, and it was on the roof so we could see the ocean. I forgot how much I like mini golf:) I even got a few holes in one!!




 We had some time left on the meter, so forked over a small fortune for delicious ice cream! The boys shared Superman (notice all the blue) and Barrett and I shared salted caramel. 

We cleaned the beach house a bit, then had lunch and put Hanny down for a nap. The boys were watching World Cup, but Tommy had enough, so tried to block the big screen tv in his swimsuit and goggles because he wanted to go to the pool! Barrett finally gave in and took the boys to the pool. We headed home so Barrett could mow our lawn:) 

Hannah broke a little chair that we had to glue back together and she also shattered a glass lid. We couldn't remember where some of the breakable decorations went after moving them out of harms way, but hope these few incidents won't damage our chance of being offered the beach house again in the future. It was a much needed little break for our family. Since moving into our new house, Barrett's been really busy at work and has had a lot of night meeting for work and church. And we haven't had a full Saturday to get anything done or even just spending time together. It was a fun mini vacation:)

1 comment:

Anne Burnett said...

Sounds like a perfect family weekend, Amy. I'm jealous! We seriously miss those lovely Delaware beaches.