Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2010 Fourth of July Festivities

Saturday we had patriotic waffles! Damon had to pick a basil leaf outside to garnish his...he ate it then made Dad try it. Barrett choked it down:)

The boys did some patriotic crafts!


We went to a fun BBQ with friends Saturday night. The boys loved playing in the water, running around, eating food, and enjoying the slip n slide. Meagan's flag cake was awesome and soooo delicious! She got the idea here. We all had a great time! I took some pretty awesome video of the kids going down the slip n slide, but silly me turned the camera! I know better!!! I can't even upload the video so you can watch them sideways. boo.

Fourth of July on Sunday isn't quite as fun as having it another day, but we still did some patriotic things. We ate "cob on the corn"(Damon), watermelon, mashed potatoes, and some good meat. We made patriotic jell-o and sure enjoyed it! It made me happy. Red, white, and blue anything make me so happy! We tried to watch the Dover fireworks in between townhouses in our backyard. It was pretty neat, but Kim and I ended up watching the Capitol Fourth on tv afterwards.

Monday we headed down to the beach. It was extremely hot out, but we had a great time. Two swimsuits ended up getting left at the shower house, and since the boys took really long naps on the way home, we went to the mall to replace them. Damon loves his new lobster swimsuit from Old Navy...I'm still bummed that I just bought him a really cute one less than 2 weeks ago and couldn't get the exact replacement.

I love the Fourth of July and it was fun to celebrate it all weekend long!
GO AMERICA!!!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

You guys look like you had a blast!

I ALWAYS take my videos sideways...not on purpose. But I was online frustrated with it and found a freeware (that has caused no problem on my computer thus far) that will flip your video. That's all it does.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-Flip-and-Rotate.htm

Maybe once you get it uploaded you can use it. I'm happy with it.

QAE said...

amy. your blog is my favorite. thanks for all the pics. i miss you guys and to come visit so bad!