Monday, July 26, 2010

Becca-boo

My youngest sister, Becca, stayed with me for a few days. We were pretty lazy and worn out from all the reunion festivities, so we didn't do anything real exciting. I took her to Byler's, an amish market down the road. We made covered wagons for a Pioneer Day Family Home Evening lesson. We were telling Damon a quick rundown of the pioneers and we said the children had to walk and walk and walk (like the Primary son). He then said, "like when we had to walk and walk and walk to find the trolley?" Yes...way to relate it personally kid. We went to the Air Force Museum and surprisingly all had a lot of fun. The boys thought it was so cool...plus it was free:) We went to the German Bakery to get yummy sandwiches. Went to Rita's!! Walked around downtown to see the State buildings. Poor Henry touched a light on the ground and burned his hand...and had Becca pose for some pictures...I still feel bad about that. We went early to Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. I have seen these at least a dozen times since living here, but never in the summer so I completely forgot about tourist season! We barely saw the exhibits, but I guess it was worth it. We saw lots of Boy Scout troops visiting the same sites and I must say, they are the best "tour groups" to site see with...they're less rowdy than school groups and they have manners...they held the doors open for us. I pointed that out to Damon. We took Becca and Henry to the airport and let the boys run around one last time. It was really sad to see them go. We stopped off at Costco on the way home and Tommy kept calling out, "Heh-ree...Beh-buh". He did that the next day too. I guess he missed his little buddy Henry...eventhough he got bit by him and he didn't like his squealing:)

** I am soooo tired of blogging! It is such hard work...I gave up coordinating pictures and captions/info.











3 comments:

Kim said...

1. I love the pictures of the boys in the plane. classic
2. How many pictures do you think you have of of the boys running around somewhere? I swear that's all they do
3. I miss you

QAE said...

i think it is time for a change. you guys need to move out here.

Becca S. said...

Yay for a post dedicated to me! It was so much fun, Henry and I are already going through withdrawals!