The kids loved playing Ring Around the Rosies with Aunt Kim.
After lunch, our family walked through the Sacred Grove. Caroline read the plaques for us and thanks to my dad, the kids were trying to discover the mystery of the tracks along the path (they wouldn't believe the tracks were made from a stroller! It drove us all crazy!). It is amazing how reverent that piece of land is. I know Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ there.
This picture is the only one I have with my brother in it...sorry Matt:)
Our family in front of the Joseph Smith home.
Saturday night we went to the Hill Cumorah pageant. The boys loved rolling down a hill near the stage. We also ran into John, one of the boys that Barrett worked with in church where we used to live. (I'm sad I didn't take a picture).
I somehow got this picture of my dad with two of his brothers. The third brother is in the background talking with their sister. Only one other sister was missing from the picture! I'm pretty excited I got almost the whole family in this picture without even trying!
Kim was the favorite aunt by handing out M&Ms (thanks Nathan for giving them to her)!
The kids loved the pageant. Damon was entralled almost the entire show. When it began, Henry and Tommy were clapping and cheering and yelling "YAY!" We loved watching Henry dance during the fight scenes. It was sooo cute.
We stayed in cabins at a Girls Camp near Seneca Lake. It was fun bunking with the fam and meeting up with aunts and cousins at the bathroom. The mess hall was huge. The kids spent so much time running around...it was just like church activities where the adults are eating and talking and the kids are running in the back.
This is Barrett and I at the Peter Whitmer Farm. The church was organized in this home.
We went to the top of the hill Cumorah.
Here's a few of my favorite pictures of the kids at the reunion. I have so many of the little boys throwing rocks in to this fire pit. It was adorable to see them all doing their own thing, yet all being complete boys!
Here are two different group photos. Our theme for the reunion was "Rooted in the Restoration." I love this. The last night, my aunt and uncle read aloud some of our grandparents letters during the war. My grandparent were married, and a few days later Grandpa was off with the Navy. Because of my children, I only heard a few letters, but they were really sweet. I wish I could have heard more...and I wish the brothers would have sung. I guess without Grandma organizing the Quartett to sing and Grandpa organizing the harmonica playing, it doesn't get done. The reunion was too short and we missed so many that weren't able to make it!
When the reunion was over, we headed back to Delaware. My uncle mentioned they were going to stop at a waterfall...we decided to do the same. It was beautiful.
1 comment:
Fun stuff! Kim looks like Froline Maria in that ring-around-the-rosies picture!
Post a Comment