Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so there was no school. We went to a friends' house for some fun! There was a winter storm warning for the next day, so Tuesday was an early out day. It started snowing and continued, but we didn't get the 8-10 inches they predicted, just 6-7. The windy was crazy which made crazy drifts. We could see our sidewalk, but in some places there was a foot of snow. School was cancelled Wednesday and the Governor issued a state of emergency, so Barrett didn't go into work, but worked a few hours from home. He took the boys out in the below freezing temperatures twice! He piled up snow on half the front steps so the boys could slide down on their sleds. It was awesome. They also explored the surrounding neighborhood and found another hill to slide down. It was supposed to be cold and icy in the morning, so Thursday was a 2 hour delay!! Barrett headed into work and I let the boys get bundled up and sled down the steps before school started. It was super fun to watch! Friday was already scheduled to be a half day so Damon only had a few hours of school. It's going to be a rough week when they have to go back to full days:) The temperatures have been extremely cold also, so the snow has stayed and the streets are still snow packed! We received another inch or so on Saturday too! Barrett was supposed to have 2 night meetings this week also, but they were cancelled. It sure was an unpredictable week! And I think the steps are going to have snow on them until April:)
Since I wasn't outside with boys, I took pictures of Miss Hanny this week:) She has gotten such an attitude this week! She just screams and yells at everyone and everything! She was so cute sitting on the chair eating snacks.
She decided to unload a cupboard, but got both feet stuck in a pot. Barrett thought it was hilarious!
Hannah was really quite for awhile, so when I finally peeked in on her, I saw her on the phone:)
This was the best! Tommy slid down the front steps and got stuck under the van. His boot came off under there also. He was fine, but it was pretty funny.
2 comments:
Hannah seems just like our Reese...screaming and all. Im not sure where they learn to scream its crazy. Miss you guys!
Miss Hanny looks like she's more 'in jail'. I love your family. I enjoy hearing, and seeing everything they do and say. Tommy's sleigh riding under the van is more funny than just hearing about it.
Enjoy every minute of it.
Post a Comment