We were able to get into our house on a Thursday evening. We loaded up both cars and went over to OUR house!! The kids...who are we kidding, ALL of us were so excited to walk through our new home. It was awesome! We didn't have to be out of our rental for a few weeks, so originally planned to take loads over each day and unpack them. Well, we were too excited to finally be in our new house and the realization that Barrett had to work almost every night the next week caused us to change our minds. We rented a truck Friday afternoon and loaded it up and took it to the new house. The boys were incredibly helpful!! We only had one casualty...a bookshelf made it all the way out to the truck without any problems but wasn't let down very gently in the truck and a bottom corner busted (it's new home is upstairs in the office/bonus room instead of downstairs). Saturday morning we loaded up the truck again, but roped one of our teenage friends from church to help. Boy was I grateful, my back was super sore (I had injured it maybe a year ago and all the bending, packing, lifting didn't do it any favors). We were so exhausted that night! We slept in our new home, but still spent the next week or so bringing loads of stuff over in our cars. I'm so glad we're finally moved in and never want to move again!
Monday, June 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! The house is BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for having friends come to visit, for sure! :) Really beautiful.
Beautiful!!!! Congratulations.
You new home is gorgeous!! Congrats, so happy for you and the fam!
I love it! Congratulations
Yay!!! Your house looks so GREAT. I need more pictures. (I understand if they're a while in coming though. I have been meaning to do a video walk-through of our house since we moved in - A YEAR AGO. Somehow I can never find a time when it's all clean at once.)
Post a Comment