Friday, January 1, 2010
Tommy is O-N-E!
While in Utah, we celebrated Tommy's first birthday! I have been having serious emotions about this milestone. I keep remembering last Christmas and how huge I was, the fact that all 7 of my siblings were together for my sister's wedding after Christmas, missing a little Christmas at home, my Grandma passing away Christmas Eve last year and the fact that I thought I was going to have a girl and how she'd be named after my amazing Grandma, worrying that my new baby would be born late Christmas Eve while parents were preparing for the next day, worrying that my baby would be born Christmas, and just waiting and waiting and waiting. Barrett and I had been watching a Hallmark movie late one night, then headed off to bed. I woke up 15 minutes after falling asleep and I was in labor. I paced around for awhile, then packed my bag, then Barrett woke up, then called the Doctor, then called a friend, then threw in a boy outfit just in case, then woke up Damon and drove him to our friends house, then got to the hospital and waited at the desk for someone to realize I was there, and had A BOY within an hour of arriving. Just thinking about that time, brings back a little anxiety. We are so grateful to have Tommy in our lives. He can sure be cranky and has quite a temper, but is such a sweet baby that doesn't have a desire to be too independent yet (I can't bare to have him grow up!) We loved having so many people to help us celebrate Tommy in our lives! Grandma Ro, Grandpa Barry, Grandma Sims, JaVan, Quinn, Tanner, Jenny, Jeff, me, Barrett, and Damon. Since Tommy wasn't very interested in Christmas presents, we saved them for his birthday, so he had lots of gifts to open. Damon couldn't handle it and basically opened them all for his little brother. Most pictures I took were of Tommy peering over Damon's shoulder trying to look at what he was opening. He LOVED his cake and pretty much demolished it!! Happy Birthday Tommy!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment