Friday morning, Tommy wore Barrett's beanie around and loved it! It would fall over his eyes and he'd walk around, blind, until someone peaked under.

We heard we were supposed to get a couple of inches of snow, so we tried to find Damon some snow pants. When I asked at Toys R Us (the clothing department) if they had snow pants, the lady said, "No, we're getting swimsuits." Boo. I'm always too late! But yep, Saturday morning, Barrett went off to help someone move, and as the snow started falling I so wisely texted him to stop off and buy a snow shovel. It snowed until sometime Saturday night. Barrett and Damon geared up to go out and play in it, and since I dug out Tommy's hand me down Eagles snow suit, I thought he'd enjoy it for a bit. Boy was I wrong! He face planted almost the second I put him down. He eventually enjoyed walking in it, until he fell again...then he about had it. So the big boys played and mom and little boy went inside to watch from the window:)



Proof that I was outside in the snow...sporting my good ol' Rexburg College days super warm coat.

Damon threw snow in his Daddy's face and thought it was the funniest thing ever!
Damon had to have "hot tohtoh" the second he got inside, wet clothes off and shorts and short sleeves on (his new thing...dressing himself in clothes that mom doesn't want him to find or wear!). We made pizza that night then let Damon watch a movie (something special). He chose Hercules. It was fun to watch him laugh at the silly parts.

Since church was cancelled due to the snow and lack of snowplows, we made waffles. As I was getting things out, Tommy decided he needed to investigate the contents of the fridge. At one point he was trying to reach up and grab the milk...too cute!


Tommy devoured the waffles! Seriously, he ate so much and I don't think he would've ever stopped. At one point we got tired of giving him a few pieces at a time, and just dumped a bunch on his tray...well, they all ended up in his little fists so fast.

The boys played in the tent and turned it on its side to make it hard for people to get in or escape. Damon later filled it with almost everything in the room...pillows, blankets, toy food, toy animals, an ice cream scoop he snagged out of the kitchen drawer.

Since it was Sunday, we decided we needed a little spiritual upliftment, so we had a little home church (basically FHE). Damon played the music;) and we had a little flannel board lesson about prayer, and sang lots of Primary songs, and had a pretty good time. This afternoon, Barrett and Damon went outside to shovel off the steps and make sure the cars would be able to move in the morning. Damon has such a good dad, he shovelled all the snow into a huge pile for Damon to play on. I kept hearing squealing outside and was surprised to see Damon climbing up and sliding down the "mountain." They were also able to help some neighbors across the street shovel out their cars.



It was the perfect day to make Valentine cookies, so Damon and I made the cookies and we all frosted (well, not Tommy, but he did help put sprinkles on a few until he couldn't handle it and downed 3 or 4). Damon really didn't do much either, he just wanted to eat them too...big surprise.


It was a pretty great weekend!
5 comments:
Wow, what a busy weekend! What a great mom for doing all those fun things with your boys.
You are too fast! I posted tonight and STILL didn't beat you. Those pictures of Tommy are pretty priceless. Rhone loves waffles too. I put a tiny bit of orange marmalade on them to sweeten them up with out a sticky red mess.
I love the snow pictures of Tommy. That's about how I feel; which is why I went on one short walk and spent the rest of the weekend inside.
WOW.... awesome pictures, Amy!!!
Damon looks so cute playing the piano! It looks like you guys have a lot of fun.
Post a Comment